Virginia Humanities seeks a dependable and enthusiastic colleague to join our dynamic team as Advancement Associate.
With special attention to donor stewardship, prospect research, data management, and cultivation events, this person will help build authentic relationships between Virginia Humanities and its growing donor base.
The ideal candidate will also help imagine and implement new strategies for engaging diverse audiences in the opportunity to support Virginia Humanities philanthropically—encouraging modest and first-time donations as well as deepening our connection with long-term and high-level donors.
- High school diploma and at least one year of related experience.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills, with high attention to detail.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication; strong customer service and follow-through skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Work with senior staff to effectively accomplish objectives.
- Strong understanding of scheduling and meeting planning.
- Understand the role of development activities as they support the University mission.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; ability to enter, retrieve and research data in content management system/donor database.
- A degree or demonstrated interest in the humanities.
- 1-3 years of development experience.
- Competitive candidates will have exemplary organizational, writing, and project management skills; a high degree of efficiency and accuracy; the ability to solve problems, anticipate challenges and opportunities, and take initiative when completing projects; and an eagerness to work with each donor and prospect to increase their commitment to Virginia Humanities.
- Experience working on a development team is preferred.
- Working knowledge of event preparation, large-scale mailings, fundraising and donor relations, or customer service.
- Proficiency working with UVA’s Advance system or a similar database.
Virginia Humanities is affiliated with the University of Virginia, an equal opportunity employer. To apply visit UVA Workday.